Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to attach a fascinator:
My headwear will attach with a comb & adjustable hat elastic or a clip or a headband. You can further secure with bobby pins if necessary for our larger fascinators and headdresses.
Another great trick is to tie a small amount of hair back with an elastic so that the comb or clip has a solid base to grip into.
I find wearing hair clips so that the open side faces down is totally gravity-defying so I often will attach clips in that way. I did this little tutorial a while ago showing how to attach a half mask: Youtube
2. Care Advice re. Glitter/Looking after your hat:
- It is impossible to keep a small amount of glitter from coming off of your headpiece. That is just the way it is, most glitter lovers don't mind the odd stray twinkle but, I do hand glitter everything in several layers to ensure it never goes bald.
- I use premium glue, that is non-toxic and waterproof so glitter stays on the accessory.
- To remove any unwanted stray sparkles, you can use a soft paint brush to easily remove them or cello tape.
- If you aren't a fan of glittery bits, it may be best to avoid the items which have glitter on them.
- It is best to store all, especially glittered headwear out of direct prolonged sunlight as the sun bleaches the colour out of glitter as well as flowers.
- Storing the headpiece in a box to keep the dust off is a good idea but you can display in a cabinet as many of these headpieces are wearable art.
- Support the curve of your headpiece with tissue, this really applies to the hand blocked headpieces like the half mask fascinators. Over a period of time, without support, the shape may be distorted. If you support the curve you will have this headwear for life!
3. How long does it take to make / receive?
It depends on the piece:
- I send everything by Royal Mail Signed For (you'll need to be home!) or by specialist courier if necessary.
- For Available Today items that are in stock expect your order to arrive within 7 days (unless otherwise stated). If you're in a special hurry contact me before ordering.
- If you are ordering a bespoke hat: You will be asked for the details of the hat and when you need it for. If it's impossible to deliver for your date I will let you know immediately.
For bespoke orders try and allow me as much time as you can afford. Sometimes inspiration strikes quickly and sometimes it's a longer process.
Beautiful things take time! x
4. Do You Accept Major Credit Cards?
I accept Mastercard and Visa Credit and Debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Shopify Pay on the website. I can arrange a bank transfer if this works for you.
If you are ordering a bespoke commission I require a 50% deposit to get started with the final 50% due before shipping.
5. Where are you based? Do you have a shop? Can i visit your studio to discuss a headpiece?
I have a studio in Thornhill, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, UK. I don't have a shop, I don't really supply any shops, however, my hair accessories sell online to people all over the world.
I don't do private consultations at my studio/home, I have a *BESPOKE ORDER FORM* which asks all the questions I need you to answer to create a bespoke headpiece. My hats fit all head sizes so I don't need to take measurements.
6. Do you offer sponsorships/donate headwear/give bloggers free stuff to review?
Sorry, I don't offer sponsorships, I prefer to donate to my own choice of charities that I feel strongly about. I am interested in collaborating with well established bloggers.
7. Do you rent your headwear out?
I don't do rentals right now. I don't have the capacity for it. I now offer Layaway Payment Plans so everyone can afford my work!
8. Do you want to do a stall at our fair?
Thank you for considering me but I don't do stalls.
9. Do you lend items out to stylists/photographers/models?
I am prepared to lend my headwear out to stylists and photographers for editorial images. I am particular about who I collaborate with and I have certain conditions due to the many issues I have had in the past.
Conditions of borrowing
- I expect to be credited wherever the images are published.
- I expect my headwear to be treated with respect and be returned undamaged within an agreed time frame.
- I need to see a portfolio of your previous work.
If any of this an issue with my conditions please don't ask to borrow my work, I have to be strict due to past experience.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!